INTERVIEW: Lotte Selwood_The Accessories Designer
Lotte Selwood is a 24 year old accessories designer for Saint Laurent.
Originally from London, Lotte now divides her time between LA and Paris, dipping in and out of Florence from time to time. Here she talks about a few of her favourite things…
1. First love / Dinosaur hunting – 6am excavations for dinosaur bones and making my own shoes.
2. Day or Night / Day-blue Skies
3. Smell / Lilies
4. Song / Tiny Dancer by Elton John
5. Drink / Lychee Juice and White Russians
6. What do you collect / Jubilee clips and vintage rings
7. Season / Early Summer
8. Last Supper / Macaroni cheese, mushrooms on toast and treacle tart
9. Curent Inspiration / Bo Dereck
10. Name / Peggy
11. Hidden Treasure / A Bottle of purple sand from a secret beach in Big Sur
12. Town or City / Positano in Italy
13. Texture / Bubble Wrap
14. Item of clothing / Floor Length orange 60s dress found in a flea market in Brooklyn for $20
15. Place in L.A / Paradise Cove
16. Place in Paris / Tiny two table bar at the back of Palais Royal where the owner sits with you and shares your wine
17. Wedge or heel / Wedge all the way
18. Designer / Charles Jourdan in 70/80s
19. Next Destination / Tulum, Mexico
20. Greatest Love / Swimming naked tipsy
Interview and photos by Ithaka Roddam.